Processing Learning Strategies
- Open ended questions
- Wait time
- Multiple answers
- Respectful responses
- Personalize learning
- Analyze learning
- Apply learning
- Round robin
What? So What? Now What?
- What? (Description)
- What did we do?
- So What? (Analysis)
- What did you learn?
- What were you thinking?
- What were you feeling?
- Now What? (Application)
- How will you apply these new skills and learnings in other aspects of your life?
Please refer to Pre-Reading
LeaderGuides the group towards the end productKeeps the group on task Helps solve problemsAsks if all agree they need outside helpIf all agree, leader calls the teacher for help
- Keeps track of time
- Gives incremental time updates
- Can negotiate for more time if available and the group deems it necessary
- The only person allowed out of his or her seat
- Is responsible for getting materials and putting them away
- Records all that participants say
- Writes what is said legibly and clearly
- Reports all that the group has asked to be reported
- Refrains from giving own opinion if not discussed in group
- Checks with group to make sure all was covered
- Air Traffic Controller
- Works to create comfort for all in the group
- Watches for people who take up most of the time
- Watches for people who are not contributing
- Invites those who have not contributed to contribute
- Participates fully
- Listens to others
- Does their fair share of the work